Thursday, March 11, 2010

CHADD

This Tuesday I attended my first CHADD meeting. Most of the ideas and topics covered there I had already heard about, but it was really nice to see that I'm not the only one with this issue. I was however, the youngest one there I think.

Even more interesting is that a customer of mine was there. Didn't expect to see anyone I knew arrive.

I'm really upset that I have to wait so long to see someone. I'm still waiting on my appointment set for the 22nd, and I worry that they'll suggest other things before putting me back on medication. I fully want to do "other things" such as support groups (I hope to stick with CHADD) and see a therapist.

I hope that we can put me on the right meds, and I can start working towards my goals. I'm really frustrated with work. I know I can do most of what is asked of me, but for some reason I just never finish it. And it's like that even with things I love(d) to do!

I can understand a little aprehension at work, it's how life is (Unless you're a candy taste tester or something :-P) but it's rediculous. And now even my hobby of video games is going down too. I hardly ever finish any of the games I start. And just float between game to game, never finishing them. It's gotten to the point that I don't want to start anything, because I've either started it before, or I know I'll never finish it.

I've got to try harder. There's so much riding on me and I want to do better. Let's hope the 22nd goes well.

Later.

3 comments:

  1. How did you find the support for CHADD. I tried being a member for a bit, but there was no local chapter near me. Getting the magazine, but not having a local chapter turned me off. I felt like I was supporting their political agenda more than they were supporting me.

    http://askdreric-schoolpsychologist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean if I liked it or not? Or how did I find a local group?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Did you like it, especially if you can comment on the things that turned me off.

    ReplyDelete